By Augustin T., Wolff J.
Retrospectively amassed length information are frequently stated incorrectly. an incredible kind of such an mistakes is heaping - respondents are inclined to round-off or round-up the knowledge in accordance with a few rule of thumb. for 2 detailed circumstances of the Weibull version we examine the behaviour of the 'naive estimators', which easily forget about the size errors as a result of heaping, and derive closed expressions for the asymptotic bias. those effects provide a proper justification of empirical facts and simulation-based findings stated within the literature. also, occasions the place a extraordinary bias should be anticipated should be pointed out, and a precise bias correction could be played.
Read or Download A bias analysis of Weibull models under heaped data PDF
Best organization and data processing books
The advance and availability of recent computing and conversation units, and the elevated connectivity among those units, because of stressed out and instant networks, are permitting new possibilities for individuals to accomplish their operations at any place and every time. This technological enlargement has constructed a mess of demanding situations that call for extra learn.
Welcome to the one guidebook sequence that takes a visible method of professional-level machine themes. Open the e-book and you may observe step by step monitor pictures that reveal over one hundred ten Excel info research strategies, together with: * deciding on developments on your facts * Sorting, filtering, and choosing lists * developing, modifying, and checking formulation * Calculating rates of interest and depreciation * appearing uncomplicated types and filters * Hiding rows or columns in a PivotTable * including and removal chart info * Querying an entry database * Assigning electronic signatures * fixing a formulation with an information desk "I used to be caught on an Excel challenge for 2 days.
- Creating Your Mysql Database: Practica
- VisualAge DataAtlas Multiplatform
- Professional XML Databases
- High-frequency financial market data
- Knowledge Discovery in Databases: PKDD 2004: 8th European Conference on Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases, Pisa, Italy, September 20-24, 2004. Proceedings
- Logical Database Design Principles
Extra info for A bias analysis of Weibull models under heaped data
3. Accessing VTK Object’s Data It might happen that we want to extend visualization programs by functions written in Fortran or we have large Fortran legacy code we would like to interface with visualization program written using VTK library. One problem that immediately appears is that in Fortran (including Fortran 90) we do not have direct access to C++ objects. In theory it is possible to pass C++ object pointer to a Fortran function and then knowing the memory layout of the object manipulate it directly from Fortran but this is restricted to simplest cases and is highly not portable.
V. Griffiths, and G. M. Dłuzewski, HYDRO-GEO - finite element package for geotechnics , hydrotechnics and environmental engineering, Warsaw 1997 (in Polish) 34 Felicja Okulicka - Dłuzewska  V. Hycke, Parallel Preconditioning with Sparse Approximate Inverses , SIAM Journal of Sci. Schrefler, The Finite Element Method in the Static and Dynamic Deformation and Consolidation of Porous Media , John Wiley Sons, 1998  MPI: A Message Passing Interface Standard , June 1995  F. Okulicka, High-Performance Computing in Geomechanics by a Parallel Finite Element Approach, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1947, ”Applied parallel Computing”, 5th International Workshop, PARA 2000, Bergen, Norway, June 2000, pp391-398  F.
In lines 15 to 23 we get the value of the objects which were passed as command arguments. In line 25 we call our C ”fast addition” function and in line 26 we create the result object then set it as the result of the command. The example only touches the issue of creating command procedures in C. ). Creating a command procedure is only half of the job. Tcl must be informed about the new command, so that whenever it encounters the command name in a procedure call context it knows what to do. We are going to provide new built-in Tcl Add command as a dynamically loadable package.